- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 2/3 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 3.5-ounce bar high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt), finely chopped
- 5 cups sliced hulled strawberries (about 2 pounds) or your choice of blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
1. For the Lemon Mousse: In a medium metal bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until mixture is very thick and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F to 170°F, about 6 minutes. Remove bowl from over water. Set aside until lemon mousse base cools to room temperature.
2. For White Chocolate Mousse: Combine 1/4 cup cream and white chocolate in another medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until chocolate is almost melted. Remove bowl from over water, and stir until white chocolate is smooth. Cool white chocolate mousse base to room temperature.
3. Beat remaining 2 2/3 cups cream in large bowl until firm peaks form. Divide whipped cream between both mousse bases, folding in 1 cup at a time (about 3 cups for each).
4. Layer about 1/4 cup lemon mousse in each of 8 parfait glasses or wineglasses; top with 2 tablespoons berries. Layer about 1/4 cup white chocolate mousse over berries. Repeat layering 1 more time.
5. Spoon berries over top of each parfait, and serve.